I grew up with the smell of banana bread baking in the oven. It was so wonderful and gave me a sense of home. So, I like to recreate this memory often; the problem is that many times I don’t have ripe bananas on hand. Or, worse as they ripen they begin to be consumed, ha-ha, So, I needed to find a solution, I found a found a recipe and improved on it to give me tried and true results every time. I use this often and the results are amazing.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F
- Select bananas that have yellow skins (no green!). It is ok that they have a smattering of brown freckles.
- Place the bananas on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Bake unpeeled bananas until very soft (don’t worry they will turn black), it takes between 20 – 25 minutes depending on the size.
- Let cool,
- At this point you can peel, or even simpler, cut off one of the ends and squeeze out the fruit like a tube of toothpaste
I hope you find this as helpful as I do and it brings you memories or you are creating great ones for your family and friends.