Tangerine Seared Ahi Tuna
This recipe uses this exotic Tangerine Sea Salt
- 2 6- to 7-ounce Ahi tuna steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of butter (unsalted if you have it)
- 2 teaspoons of Vintage Salts Tangerine Sea Salt
- Brush each tuna steak with a light coat of olive oil, both sides
- Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with Vintage Salts Tangerine Sea Salt about 1 teaspoon, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat and add butter.
- Add tuna steaks and sear until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter.
- Use the remaining Tangerine Sea Salt as a finishing salt on the top of the Tuna just prior to serving
- Garnish with tangerine slice, if available