Grilled Ginger Lamb Chops
March 20, 2019
: 1 hr 10 min
: 10 min
: 1 hr 20 min
This is an easy recipe which allows the natural lamb flavors to be highlighted. I serve the Grilled Ginger Lamb Chops with a green salad and warm grilled pita bread.
- 8 American Lamb blade or loin chops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (I use Light Soy Sauce)
- 1/2 cup Sweet sake (Optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces Fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced or grated
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 (small) Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional will add spice)
- Step 1 Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 In a food processor or blender, combine soy sauce, sake, oil, gingerroot, lemon juice, onion, bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Step 3 Cover the chops with the mixture
- Step 4 marinate for approximately 1 hour.
- Step 5 Remove lamb from the marinade.
- Step 6 Grill over hot charcoal until medium-rare (145 °F (medium rare), 160 °F (medium)
- Step 7 baste with marinade while grilling.
- Step 8 Garnish with rosemary