Bonnie's Caviar Pie
This is my sister Bonnie's recipe. I have both enjoyed hers and made it myself for my family to enjoy. It is a great holiday dish for entertaining guests or just to enjoy with a glass of champagne.
- 6 Hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 6-8 Scallions finely minced (include green stems for color)
- 8 Ounce package of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of sour cream
- 4 Ounces of Caviar (red or black or a combination)
- Step 1 Dice eggs and combine with mayonnaise
- Step 2 Spread over the bottom of a 8″ spring form pan
- Step 3 Sprinkle the chopped scallions over the eggs layer
- Step 4 Mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth
- Step 5 *Take cream cheese out of refrigerator to let get to room temp before combining with cream cheese – much easier.
- Step 6 Gently drop the mixture onto the onion layer, spread evenly with spatula
- Step 7 Cover with foil, refrigerate for three hours
- Step 8 Just before serving, spread the caviar on top
- Step 9 Use your imagination to create a design if desired
- Step 10 remove from spring pan and place on serving dish
- Step 11 Garnish with parsley and surround with crackers or toasted bread pieces.
An example of a decorated caviar pie using both red and black caviar: