Jalapeño Bell Pepper Jam
September 18, 2018
: 7 one half pint jars
: 30 min
: 30 min
: 1 hr
I love this jam over cream cheese with crackers. It is beautiful for the holidays with green jalapeños and red bell peppers!
- 4 C finely chopped peppers (I use 6 jalapeños)
- 1 - 1.75 oz box pectin
- 1 C apple cider
- 4 1/2 C sugar
- Step 1 Wash and dry all jars and lids thoroughly.
- Step 2 De-stem, wash and dry all peppers.
- Step 3 Remove seeds from bell peppers.
- Step 4 Place in food processor and finely chop.
- Step 5 Put peppers into a large pot or dutch oven.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with pectin and mix thoroughly.
- Step 7 Pour cider vinegar over mixture and stir well.
- Step 8 Bring to a boil and add sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Step 9 Bring to a boil again stirring constantly for one minute.
- Step 10 Remove from heat and pour into jars, filling up to 1/4″ from top.
- Step 11 Wipe jar edges with a wet paper towel and place lids and rings on jars.
- Step 12 Place all jars in a hot water bath for 15 minutes and remove to dry on a kitchen towel.
- Step 13 Lids will pop when they seal.
- Step 14 Store in a cool, dry place. Refrigerate after opening.