Strawberry Salad with Baby Lettuce, Feta and Almonds
March 7, 2018
: 20 min
: 20 min
This is a great salad to celebrate strawberry season. It is a great entrée salad and also a great side salad as well.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste (preferably, Vintage Salts)
- Fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces packed assorted baby lettuces
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
- 1 Cup feta cheese crumbled (abut 4 ounces)
- 1 Cup slivered or chopped almonds
- Step 1 In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar.
- Step 2 Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Put the lettuces in a large bowl.
- Step 4 Add the strawberries, feta and almonds.
- Step 5 Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
- Step 6 Note: Chilled grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp is a great addition or side if serving as a main course.