Scallops With Herbed Brown Butter
February 13, 2018
: 2 min
: 6 min
: 8 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops, side muscle removed
- Small grain sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 sprigs herbs (such as tarragon, lemon thyme, or sage)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Step 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Step 2 Season scallops with salt and pepper
- Step 3 Cook until deep golden brown on 1 side, about 3 minutes.
- Step 4 Turn scallops and add butter and herbs to pan.
- Step 5 Continue cooking, spooning butter over scallops often, until scallops are cooked through and butter is brown and smells nutty, about 3 minutes longer.
- Step 6 Add lemon juice.
- Step 7 Serve scallops with brown butter pan sauce.