January 24, 2018
: 10 min
: 10 min
: 20 min
This is a recipe for 4 filets, so easily feeds 2 and possibly 4 light eaters. It is a very easy and light meal to serve, and has a romantic presentation.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Course sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh sole fillets, 3 to 4 ounces each
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Step 2 Combine the flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large shallow plate.
- Step 3 Pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Step 4 Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large (12-inch) sauté pan over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Step 5 Dredge 2 sole fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place them in the hot butter. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Turn carefully with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Step 6 While the second side cooks, add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan. Carefully put the fish filets on the plates and pour the sauce over them.
- Step 7 Keep the cooked fillets warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining 2 fillets. When they’re done, add the cooked fillets to the plates in the oven.
- Step 8 Sprinkle with the parsley, salt, and pepper and serve immediately. Another nice garnish is capers