Molten Chocolate Cake
This is a Valentines Day Favorite and it is so easy to make. I make it ahead of time and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds....so not to interrupt the flow of a romantic dinner. This recipe is for 4, I freeze two for a later occasion, and take them from freezer to microwave - 1 min on high.
- Baking spray, for spraying 5 oz Ramekins, alternative custard cups
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, 70% Coca
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla, I prefer Madagascar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Powered sugar
- Vanilla Gelato, ok rich Ice Cream will work!
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Spray four custard cups with baking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Step 3 Microwave the butter, bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate in a large bowl on high until the butter is melted, about 1 minute.
- Step 4 Whisk until the chocolate is also melted. Stir in the sugar until well blended.
- Step 5 Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks, then add the vanilla.
- Step 6 Stir in the flour and pinch of Sea Salt
- Step 7 Divide the mixture among the custard cups.
- Step 8 Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft, about 13 minutes.
- Step 9 Let stand 1 minute. Invert on individual plates while warm
- Step 10 Serving Options: dust with powdered sugar, serve with side of vanilla ice cream or gelato, or raspberries.