Green beans Almandine
This is a simple, yet elegant preparation for vegetables and fish. Almondine or Amandine, is a fancy name for a simple food preparation that can change a bland and boring dish into something special. Almondine or amandine, the spelling depends on if you are American or European.
- 1 pound fresh green beans with the stems snapped off, and washed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (I use Southern Ocean from Vintage Salts)
- 1/4 teaspoon Vintage Salts Tangerine Sea Salt
- Step 1 In skillet melt butter over low heat and add almonds, stirring occasionally until they are golden.
- Step 2 Add 1/4 tsp. salt and fresh lemon juice and pour into a bowl. Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Step 3 In same skillet, add enough water to come to about 1/2 inch deep. Bring water to a boil and add 1/2 tsp. salt and all of green beans. Bring back to a boil and cover pan with lid.
- Step 4 Cook green beans to tender crisp stage, about 2- 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Drain water from beans, stir in the almond and butter mixture, coating beans well, and place in a serving dish Finish with Tangerine Sea Salt and serve.