Creamy Pumpkin Soup
October 2, 2017
: 15 min
: 35 min
: 50 min
This is a treat for the family during the fall season
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. Vintage Salts Sea Salt (Ghost Pepper if you want a kick)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional: Freshly grated Romano Cheese
- Step 1 In a large pot, combine ingredients 1-10 and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Step 2 Using a food processor or blender, puree soup in small batches (1 cup at a time). Or, use an immersion blender to blend right in the pot.
- Step 3 Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Step 4 Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Step 5 Pour into serving bowls.
- Step 6 If desired, top with Shredded Romano and/or sour cream.
- Step 7 Enjoy!