September 20, 2017
: 4 to 6
: 15 min
: 10 min
: 25 min
: Easy to Moderate
My Husband, Don, took me to a local Seafood Grill for my birthday and we had this great dish. I wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 small shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 quart loosely-packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fine Grain Sea Salt and cracked black pepper
- 24 oysters, shucked
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Step 1 Adjust rack to 6 inches below broiler element and preheat broiler to high.
- Step 2 Heat butter in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, when butter has melted add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add white wine and baby spinach and cover with a lid. Let steam until spinach has wilted, about 4 minutes, then remove lid and stir until all liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes longer
- Step 3 Add cream and parmesan cheese to the spinach mixture, remove from heat and allow to cool. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Divide spinach mixture between shucked oysters (about 1 tablespoon per oyster) then top with breadcrumbs (about 1/2 teaspoon per oyster). Place oysters on roasting pan or sheet pan and place in preheated oven until breadcrumbs are brown, about 6 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve immediately.