Lemon Salmon Almondine
This is a great dish for a special occasion. I like it best with Pacific Salmon because of the fresh taste. I believe that cold water salmon has fresher flavors. This dish goes great with a French White Bordeaux or a Oregon Chardonnay.
- 2 lbs. fresh salmon filet (skin cut off) cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- Vintage Salts Lemon Sea Salt to taste
- Step 1 Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 1 Tablespoons olive oil on low heat. Turn heat to medium and add almonds, sauté until almonds start to turn brown. Remove immediately, set aside.
- Step 2 Melt the rest of the butter on low until completely melted, remove from heat and add lemon juice, set aside.
- Step 3 Heat skillet large enough to hold the salmon with 2 Tablespoons olive oil until oil shimmers. Place salmon skin removed side up in skillet. Turn heat to medium, cook for 4 minutes until brown. Turnover, cook another 3 to 4 minutes, depending what doneness you want.
- Step 4 Plate one piece of salmon on each plate, place almonds over top and around, spoon lemon butter over salmon and around plate. Finish with lemon sea salt.