Dark Chocolate Tartlets
August 1, 2017
: 12 min
: 8 min
: 20 min
This is a special dark and rich dessert for special occasions. The can be made ahead of time, at most a day before planned serving.
- 15 mini phyllo shells, frozen pre-cooked thawed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 3 1/2 oz - 4 oz 60% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Sea Salt, coarse variety
- Fat-free whipped topping or aerosol whipped cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350
- Step 2 Place phyllo shells on a sheet pan to warm, about 5 minutes
- Step 3 In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat milk and butter, stirring occasionally, until milk boils and butter melts.
- Step 4 Reduce heat to low, stir in chocolate and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Step 5 Let chocolate mixture cool slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes
- Step 6 Then evenly divide among cooked phyllo shells.
- Step 7 Sprinkle tarts with sea salt
- Step 8 chill until filling sets, about 10 minutes.
- Step 9 Just prior to serving top each tart with 1 tsp whipped cream