Beet and Burrata Salad
July 31, 2017
: 15 min
: 50 min
: 65 min
A great summer salad with a beautiful presentation.
- For the Roasted Beets
- 1½ pounds (4 medium) red beets, whole
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp Vintage Salts Orange Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- For the Candied Sunflower
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Vintage Salts Orange Sea Salt to taste
- For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Vintage Salts Orange Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Vinaigrette
- Step 2 Combine lemon juice, honey and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in mustard. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Step 3 Salad
- Step 4 Preheat oven to 375°. Toss beets with oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 13x9x2″ baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and roast beets until tender (a toothpick should slide through easily), about 40 minutes. Uncover (careful of the steam)
- Step 5 let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Peel beets (use a paper towel to help rub off the peel), then quarter them. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Step 6 Toss beets with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a medium bowl. Arrange 2 8 oz rounds of burrata(quartered) on a serving plate. Season with salt and pepper. Top burrata with beets
- Step 7 drizzle remaining vinaigrette from bowl over. Garnish with candied sunflowers.